The Senior Pastor is responsible to the entire congregation for providing spiritual and administrative leadership of the church. He functions as as shepherd under Christ who is the Head of the church. The Senior Pastor is the spiritual leader and the supervisor of the ministerial and administrative staff. His specific responsibilities are as follows:
- To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in accordance with Scripture in all regular worship services of the church. This proclamation ministry includes but is not limited to regular times of preaching and teaching.
- To work with appropriate staff and/or lay members in planning and leading all worship services.
- To minister to persons in crisis (e.g., death, hospitalization, etc.). It is the pastor’s responsibility to coordinate this care by utilizing the Deacon body and/or other church groups/members, although some care is only appropriate from the pastor himself.
- To maintain pastoral relationships with the congregation (e.g., visitations with home-bound, inactive and active members, etc.)
- To counsel with persons seeking help with personal problems.
- To serve as a conflict manager when situations arise in the congregation between individuals or groups which warrant special attention.
- To conduct funerals and weddings as needed and to work with individuals and families in planning the same.
- To train and/or empower church members to be ministers in their own right and according to their particular gifts of ministry.
- To be personally involved in the outreach ministry of the church.
- To serve with the ministerial staff in a coordinated effort to reach unsaved and unchurched people for Christ and for the the church.
- To encourage and equip the congregation to be involved in outreach ministry.
- To lead the church in an awareness of and a response to the mission needs of people locally, nationally and internationally.
- To work with the missions organizations of the church to ensure the provision of a comprehensive mission education and mission action program.
- To coordinate all of the work of the entire church staff including calendar, programming, funding, etc. This coordination is best accomplished through regular staff meetings led by the Pastor or his representative. The Pastor functions as the supervisor of all members of the ministerial staff. He approves any time away and offers regular performance evaluations on their work.
- To serve as the chairman of the Church Council which is the principal programming group in the church.
- To work with church committees as a resource person toward the accomplishment of their tasks. It should be understood by the Pastor and committee members alike that the Pastor is not responsible to do the work of any committee in the church, but to encourage and guide them from his knowledge, training, and experience.
Send resume and letter of interest to PastorSearch@hamiltonstreet.org
Part-time Minister of Music
Job Purpose and Summary:
The purpose of the Minister of Music is to use the ministry of music and worship to serve Christ through the local church. The Minister of Music will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor in cooperation with the stated aims and goals of Hamilton Street Baptist Church.
Qualifications sought include a person who is willing to become a member of Hamilton Street Baptist Church. Each member of the Church Staff must be of blameless Christian character according to the qualifications of Ephesians 4:17-24. Each member of the Church Staff must have a shepherd’s heart according to Ephesians 4:12-13, and
I Thessalonians 5:14. Each member of the Church Staff must abide by this Church’s Constitution and Bylaws and be supportive of the Church’s Statement of Faith.
Music-related qualifications include having a pleasing vocal quality, the ability to read a music score with four parts, the ability to assume responsibility for operation of sound equipment, and an appreciation for a variety of worship styles ranging from traditional to contemporary. Education and/or experience in the field of Music Ministry are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Worship planning with Senior Pastor
• Attend church council meetings and others as specified by Senior Pastor
• Serve as chair of Music Committee
• Plan and order music and supplies
• Set-up and maintain music library
• Lead Worship Teams
• Establish an ongoing rehearsal schedule for Worship Team(s)
• Prepare music for Worship Teams
• Schedule practice times as needed for those doing special music and their accompanists
• Supervise set-up and maintenance of instruments and related equipment
• Lead the music portions of worship services
• Direct adult choir
• Direct the presentation of one or two cantatas a year
• Prepare and submit a budget for the Music Ministry to the Finance Committee
• Assume responsibility for the expenditures of the Music program
Please send us your testimony, résumé, letter of application, and contact information for 3 references to the church via mail:
Hamilton Street Baptist Church
802 W. Hamilton Street
Kirksville, MO 63501
or via email to: email@example.com